This super easy, quick, and delicious loaded black bean dip is sure to be the star of your next party!
This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. For more information please read my full affiliate disclosure.
Loaded black bean dip is a delicious and versatile dish that can be served as an appetizer, snack, or even a light meal. Packed with protein and fiber it makes a healthy choice for any occasion. Plus, it is super easy to make and can be customized to your preferences.
This recipe for loaded black bean dip is sure to please everyone at your next party. It is made with a variety of flavorful ingredients, including black beans, corn, and spices, and topped with tomatoes, onions, fresh parsley, and sour cream.
Too busy to make this right now? Pin for later to your favorite Pinterest Board!
Loaded Black Bean Dip Ingredients
With mostly pantry-friendly ingredients and a few fresh toppings, this delicious loaded black bean dip is a go-to for unexpected company!
Canned Black Beans – I like to use canned black beans for this recipe. Be sure to drain and rinse your beans well first! If you prefer to cook the beans from scratch by all means use your preferred method!
Tomato Paste – A little tomato paste as a depth of flavor to the loaded black bean dip.
Frozen Corn – Using frozen corn keeps this recipe pantry friendly. It also adds a nice texture to the dip. Be sure to defrost the corn first.
Seasonings – Smoked Paprika can be substituted with regular paprika but it will change the flavor slightly. Ground Cumin and Oregano are also used to flavor the black bean dip.
Toppings – I like to top my loaded black bean dip with diced red onion, sour cream, diced tomatoes, fresh parsley, and sour cream!
This dip takes all of 15 minutes to put together so you can have it on the table in no time!
Add the olive oil, rinsed and drained black beans, tomato paste, smoked paprika, cumin, and oregano to a medium-sized pot and cook over medium heat.
Stirring occasionally, cook until the beans are warmed through and the spices are very fragrant about 8-10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and use a potato masher to mash the beans. If you prefer a smoother textured dip, you can use a blender to mash the beans.
Transfer the bean dip to a serving plate, and top with corn, diced tomatoes, diced red onion, sour cream, and fresh parsley!
Serve with vegetable sticks, tortilla chips, Doritos or pita chips for dipping!
There are plenty of ways to customize this loaded black bean dip!
- Top with diced jalapenos for a spicier dip.
- Transfer the dip to an oven-proof serving platter, top with cheese, and place in the oven until the cheese is melted. Then top with fresh toppings to make a cheesy loaded black bean dip!
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper to the beans while cooking to add a spicy kick!
- For even more Mexican flare, try topping with crumbled Cotija cheese
- Serve with lime wedges for additional flavor!
- Replace the parsley with fresh cilantro to add additional Mexican flavor.
You might also like…
Storing Loaded Black Bean Dip
You are welcome to make this delicious black bean dip ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Be sure to follow the USDA-recommended guidelines for safely storing food.
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 14 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Tortilla Chips, Vegetable Sticks or Pita Chips, for dipping
- Add the olive oil, black beans, smoked paprika, ground cumin, tomato paste, and oregano to a medium-sized pot.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the beans are heated through and the spices are very fragrant. About 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mash with a potato masher. For a smoother texture, use a blender.
- Transfer the dip to a serving plate and top with corn, tomatoes, red onion, sour cream, and fresh parsley!
- Serve with tortilla chips, vegetable sticks, and/or pita chips for dipping!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 569mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 11gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
Chaos and Wine occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This Nutrition Disclaimer notifies that under no circumstances will Chaos & Wine or its owners be responsible for any loss, damage, or adverse reactions resulting from your reliance on nutritional information given by this site. By using Chaos & Wine and its content, you agree to these terms.
This dip is perfect for serving with tortilla chips, vegetables, or even pita bread. It is also a great option for game day or any other get-together. So next time you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer, be sure to try this loaded black bean dip!