Apple pie is about as American as it gets. This Apple Pie Sangria recipe tastes like apple pie in a glass and is perfect for holiday celebrations from Fall through Summer!
What is Sangria?
This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. For more information please read my full affiliate disclosure.
Sangria is an alcoholic beverage that originated in Spain and Portugal. There are traditionally two types of sangria – red and white. Red Sangria is made with red wine and white sangria with white wine. Sangria typically consists of wine, fruit juice or juices, and chopped fruit. It can also include additional liquors like brandy, whiskey, or other flavored alcoholic beverages.
You’ll need the ingredients from my Basic Sparkling Wine Recipe to start.
- Apple Juice
- I like to use cloudy apple juice or apple cider in this recipe.
- I prefer sweet apples but granny smith for a more tart flavor will work well. Don’t sweat the type of apple use what you have on hand!
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Do not use ground cinnamon in this recipe. Be sure to use whole cinnamon sticks.
- Simple Syrup
- This is included in the Basic Sparkling Wine recipe but I always like to mention it as it’s easy enough to make at home. Simply simmer equal parts water and sugar until the sugar is fully dissolved.
Making Apple Pie Sangria
It’s best to let this chill in the fridge for 24 hours before serving so plan accordingly. However, I have whipped it up in the morning for a get-together later that day and it’s been great too!
Slice your apples and combine them with all ingredients except the Prosecco in a large pitcher. Allow to chill for up to 24 hours. Just before serving gently stir in Prosecco and garnish with extra apple slices and/or cinnamon sticks.
- 1 bottle Riesling Wine
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- 2 cups fresh apples sliced
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 2 cups apple juice or apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Extra apple slices
- Extra Cinnamon sticks
- Mix all ingredients except Prosecco in a large pitcher.
- Chill in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Just before serving add Prosecco and stir gently.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with additional apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 0g
Chaos & Wine occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This Nutrition Disclaimer notifies that under no circumstances will Chaos & Wine or its owners be responsible for any loss, damage, or adverse reactions resulting from your reliance on nutritional information given by this site. By using Chaos & Wine and its content, you agree to these terms.
Don’t be shy here – feel free to get creative and try something a little different! For example, add a shot of Fireball for an extra kick or a drizzle of caramel for a Caramel Apple Pie Sangria!
You might also like…
Too busy to make this right now? Pin for later to your favorite Pinterest Board!