Breakfast casseroles are a staple around my house. With so many kids to feed, this Potato Sausage Broccoli Breakfast Casserole feeds a crowd!
This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. For more information please read my full affiliate disclosure.
I love breakfast recipes that are easy to prep and serve like my Granola Berry Yogurt Cups or using my Dash Egg Cooker to whip up some eggs. You’ll love how easy it is to put this delicious Potato Sausage Broccoli Breakfast Casserole together in the morning! It’s delicious warm and comforting especially on a cold winters morning.
You’ll need a few ingredients for this but most of them I usually have on hand!
Bulk Italian Sausage – I usually use mild Italian sausage but you could easily add a little spice to your Potato Sausage Broccoli Breakfast Casserole by using hot Italian Sausage instead or even change it up completely and use breakfast sausage.
Red Onion – I like to use red onion here as it’s a bit sweeter than a yellow and adds a nice touch of color.
Russet Potato – You’ll only need one large potato.
Eggs – A must have in any breakfast casserole.
Milk – I like to use whole milk when cooking but whatever you have on hand will work fine.
Fresh Broccoli – This adds a lovely color and flavor to the breakfast casserole and it’s a great way to add those veggies to your morning meal!
Sharp Cheddar Cheese– I love using cheddar cheese in any breakfast casserole. It goes perfectly with eggs and broccoli.
Fresh Chives – A few chopped fresh chives or green scallions add a beautiful garnish to this Potato Sausage Broccoli Breakfast Casserole.
Salt & Pepper – Just to taste!
Too Busy to Make this right now? Pin for later to your favorite Pinterest Board!
How to Make Potato Sausage Broccoli Breakfast Casserole
This recipe only takes a bit of prep time and then it’s hands-off as it bakes! Making it an easy option for when I have a ton of things to get done in the morning and limited time to stand over the stove making breakfast.
Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add the sausage and cook until mostly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Be sure to break up the sausage with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
Add the diced red onion, diced potato to the skillet and season with a bit of salt and pepper, to taste. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened and the potatoes are slightly browned, about 6-7 minutes.
While the onion, potatoes, and sausage mixture cooks, whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add a 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
Transfer the onion, sausage, potato mixture to the prepared baking dish and stir in the diced broccoli. Spread it into an even layer and pour the eggs evenly over the top.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the casserole.
Bake at 350°F for about 30-35 minutes or until the eggs are set and the potatoes are cooked through.
Remove the Potato Sausage Broccoli Breakfast Casserole from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Top with fresh chopped chives or green scallions as a garnish and serve!
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian Sausage
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 large Russet potato, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons whole milk
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, diced
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives or scallions, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the sausage until slightly browned breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the sausage is mostly browned, add the onion and potatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and the potatoes become slightly browned or about 6-7 minutes.
- While the sausage and potatoes mixture cooks, whisk the eggs and milk together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper, to taste, and add 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the sausage and potato mixture to the prepared baking pan and stir in the diced broccoli. Spread it into an even layer and pour the egg mixture evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30-35 minutes or until the eggs are set and the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove the Potato Sausage Broccoli Breakfast Casserole from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives or scallions and serve!
Italian Sausage - I usually use milk but feel free to try hot Italian sausage for a bit of spice or use breakfast sausage for a change!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 717mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g
Chaos and Wine occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This Nutrition Disclaimer notifies that under no circumstances will Chaos & Wine or its owners be responsible for any loss, damage, or adverse reactions resulting from your reliance on nutritional information given by this site. By using Chaos & Wine and its content, you agree to these terms.
Breakfast casseroles or egg bakes as some call them are a fantastic way to get breakfast on the table! Enjoy this Potato Sausage Broccoli Breakfast Casserole any day of the week or make it for Christmas or Easter Morning!