Chocolate peanut butter lasagna has layers of creamy peanut butter cream cheese filling, rich chocolatey pudding, whipped topping and a Peanut Butter Oreo crust. It’s the perfect no-bake dessert for the chocolate peanut butter lover!
This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. For more information please read my full affiliate disclosure.
My mother-in-law is a huge peanut butter and chocolate fan. Reese’s peanut butter cups are her favorite candy and she is always stealing them from the kids when she gets a chance. Every year, I make her a different peanut butter chocolate dessert for her birthday and this year I created a chocolate peanut butter lasagna! Rich creamy layers of chocolate pudding, a peanut butter cheesecake like filling topped with whipped topping and mini chocolate chips!
Too busy to make this right now? Pin for later to your favorite Pinterest Board!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna Ingredients
There are 4 main layers to this chocolate peanut butter lasagna – the crust, the peanut butter cream cheese layer, the chocolate pudding and the topping.
Peanut Butter Oreos – I used peanut butter Oreos for the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. However, if you can’t find them in your local grocery store you can use regular Oreos too.
Butter – Melted butter is mixed with the crushed Oreos to make the crust.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Ingredients
Cream Cheese – I used a regular block of cream cheese! You will need the cream cheese to be room temperature so be sure to take it out of the fridge ahead of time.
Creamy Peanut Butter – I like to use creamy peanut butter for the layer to keep it smooth.
Sugar – Regular granulated white sugar to sweeten the layer.
Vanilla – For added flavor and sweetness.
Milk – Just a tablespoon of milk to thin the mixture out a bit.
Chocolate Pudding Ingredients
Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix – Grab a box of instant chocolate pudding mix. Just be sure it’s Instant!
Milk – Milk to make the pudding, of course!
Whipped Topping – grab a container of whipped topping from the frozen section of the grocery store!
Garnishes – Garnishing the top is entirely optional. However, I use a bit of melted peanut butter drizzled over the top as well as mini chocolate chips. You could also use chopped up Reese’s Peanut Butter cups or peanut butter chips or any combination you like to garnish your chocolate peanut butter lasagna.
Making the Peanut Butter Chocolate Lasagna
This is a no-bake dessert which I love and it’s great to make with kids too!
Grab a 9×13 baking dish and set it aside.
Crush your Oreos either in a food processor, my personal favorite, or by placing them in a gallon-sized ziplock bag and crushing them with a rolling pin, my kids favorite method!
Once the Oreos are crushed go ahead and dump them in the baking dish. Melt the butter and pour it in the dish as well. Using a fork combine the crushed Oreos and the melted butter until well combined. Then press the mixture into the bottom of the pan to form a crust and set the baking dish aside.
In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the room-temperature cream cheese, vanilla, milk, sugar, and peanut butter and mix until smooth and fluffy.
Careful not to disturb the crust, spread the peanut butter cream cheese mixture over the Oreo crust in the baking dish. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the milk and the chocolate pudding mix together for about 2 minutes. Then set aside for about 3-5 minutes to thicken.
Once the chocolate pudding has thickened, spread it over the peanut butter cream cheese layer.
Place the chocolate peanut butter lasagna in the fridge to set for about an hour.
Once it has set, spread the whipped topping over the chocolate pudding layer.
To garnish with a peanut butter drizzle, melt the peanut butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Then dip a fork into the melted peanut butter and drizzle over the whipped topping. Sprinkle mini-chocolate chips over the whipped topping and add more peanut butter drizzle if desired.
Serve individual portions chocolate peanut butter lasagna immediately or store covered with tin-foil in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You might also like…
- 1 package Peanut Butter Oreos
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
Chocolate Pudding Layerr
- 1 3.9 ounce package instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 8 ounce container whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, optional for drizzle
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped Reese's peanut butter cups, optional garnish
- Using a food processor, crush the peanut butter Oreos into fine crumbs and put them in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave and add to the baking dish.
- Using a fork, stir the melted butter and crushed Oreos until well combined.
- Using your fingers, flatten the crust mixture into the bottom of the baking dish in an even layer. Set aside.
- Add the cream cheese layer ingredients to the bowl of a standing mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spoon over the crust and carefully so as not to disturb the crust, spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust. Set aside.
- For the pudding layer, add the milk to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle the pudding mix over the milk.
- Whisk for about 2 minutes or until well combined. Let it rest for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Spread the chocolate pudding mixture over the cream cheese mixture in an even layer.
- Place the chocolate peanut butter lasagna in the fridge to chill for about 1 hour.
- Once chilled, spread the whipped topping over the chocolate pudding layer.
- To add a peter drizzle, melt the peanut butter in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds. Dip a fork in the melted peanut butter and drizzle over the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips or chopped Reese's peanut butter cups over the top for added garnish!
- Serve immediately or cover and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 6g
Chaos and Wine occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This Nutrition Disclaimer notifies that under no circumstances will Chaos & Wine or its owners be responsible for any loss, damage, or adverse reactions resulting from your reliance on nutritional information given by this site. By using Chaos & Wine and its content, you agree to these terms.
Chocolate peanut butter lasagna is a decadent treat for a special occasion or anytime you crave the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter! A no-bake treat that’s perfect for summer gatherings as it’s cool and delicious!